Hello, guest. We have noticed that you are not registered at this bug tracker. Your experience will be greatly enhanced if you log in. To do so, you first must register by clicking on the Register tab at the top. If you are already registered, you can login at the Login tab.
Syndicate Syndicate Listing Display Search Login/Register
Bug Id ?
Reporter ?
Bugdar / 1.2.0 Beta
Status ?
Severity ?
Duplicate Of ?
- none -
Fixed in Revision ?
Mstone ?
Summary ?
Email subject on not English languages are corrupted
Report Time ?
June 16, 2007 09:27 AM
Assignment ?
Resolution ?
Priority ?
Dependencies ?
- none -
Mstone (old) ?

EmailSubjectCodding.JPG Email Subject Codding
For: 0 (0%)
Against: 0 (0%)
Total: 0

June 16, 2007 09:27 AM
Notification email's have not readable test in Subject, From, To fields. I guess Encoding problems. Possible that your DB update to UTF8 will solve this problem not yet tested by me.

June 16, 2007 03:30 PM Robert
Can you please give me an example of what this corruption looks like? Thanks.

June 16, 2007 05:57 PM
For some reason i can't upload files to this bug, i get following error:
» Error Number: 1062
» Error Message: Duplicate entry '0' for key 1
» Additional Notes: Invalid SQL query
» File: /bugs/attachment.php

June 16, 2007 06:08 PM Robert
Try again, please. For some reason my attachment table lost the auto_increment on the attachmentid column. I'll make sure that nobody else is affected by this.

June 16, 2007 06:20 PM Robert
What's the character set your installation runs on? I think the subject may be a result of mixing RTL and LTR characters, but I'm not sure. And what email client are you using?

June 23, 2007 03:59 PM
I'm using utf-8 (he_IL).

The problem is not RTL or LTR - because there is no meening of what i see in subject.

Email client: Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Gmail (web).

July 4, 2007 06:36 PM Robert
Does this problem still occur for you?

July 4, 2007 06:45 PM
Sorry, but the answer is still Yes.

July 4, 2007 06:51 PM Robert
Have you upgraded to RC1 and did you run the database conversion script to migrate all your tables to utf8?

July 4, 2007 06:58 PM
I did upgraded to RC1. But i have problem with DB upgrade. I try to use your script and i try to use PHPMYADMIN and both ways my data is damaged.

July 4, 2007 07:00 PM Robert
What do you mean your database is damaged? Is phpMyAdmin reporting damaged tables? When did this problem first start occurring (as in immediately after an upgrade, if so, what version)?

On July 4, 2007 07:01 PM, Robert changed:
July 4, 2007 07:08 PM
This is old problem a this is why i told you from the begining to upgrade DB for all new users. I still don't know how to upgrade the DB.

And damaged i mean that each hebrew letter changed to '?' sign.

July 7, 2007 11:57 PM Robert
I have now fixed this (and tested as best I could) and emails should be sent out correctly when using multibyte languages. RC2 will be out by tomorrow so you can test it yourself. I would post a patch, but the changes are a little extensive.

Zahar, you will want to define this in your config.php:

$utf8 = true;

This will tell init.php to run the SET NAMES query (I didn't want this to be global unless people had their databases in utf8, which they will on all future installs).

--------------- AUTOMATIC RESPONSE ---------------
Thank you for your bug report. This issue has been closed and fixed in Subversion. This change will be available in a future release, but you can download the change at any time from the Subversion server.

On July 7, 2007 11:57 PM, Robert changed: