Hello, guest. We have noticed that you are not registered at this bug tracker. Your experience will be greatly enhanced if you log in. To do so, you first must register by clicking on the Register tab at the top. If you are already registered, you can login at the Login tab.
Syndicate Syndicate Listing Display Search Login/Register
Bug Id ?
Reporter ?
Product/Version ?
MacGDBp / 1.3.1
Status ?
Unconfirmed
Severity ?
Minor
Duplicate Of ?
- none -
Fixed in Revision ?
Mstone ?
Summary ?
Remote breakpoint setting not working?
Report Time ?
October 8, 2009 10:44 PM
Assignment ?
Resolution ?
Open
Priority ?
Normal
Dependencies ?
- none -
Mstone (old) ?


Votes
For: 0 (0%)
Against: 0 (0%)
Total: 0

October 8, 2009 10:44 PM joshfrench
I'm using MacGDBp 1.3.1 to debug an app running on a remote server. I can't seem to create remote breakpoints even after setting the path replacements. My environment is a little unorthodox, however:

* /Users is actually a symlink to /Volumes/data/Users (don't ask)
* The remote server is a local VM
* The app's directory on the VM is a mounted share which lives on my local host
* Thus /var/www/app is a symlink to /mnt/hgfs/app.local and app.local lives at /Volumes/data/Users/josh/Sites/app.local

I've tried setting the paths with both the symlinks (/Users/josh/Sites/app.local and /var/www/app) and the expanded paths (/Volumes/data/Users/josh/Sites/app.local and /mnt/hgfs/app.local) but I can't get the debugger to stop on a breakpoint. MacGDBP isn't writing anything to the Console log when this happens.

I'm totally willing to chalk this one up to user error, but I thought I'd raise it in case you're aware of anything I can do to resolve it... Thanks!