Hello, guest. We have noticed that you are not registered at this bug tracker. Your experience will be greatly enhanced if you log in. To do so, you first must register by clicking on the Register tab at the top. If you are already registered, you can login at the Login tab.
Syndicate Syndicate Listing Display Search Login/Register
Bug Id ?
Reporter ?
Sven Axelsson
Product/Version ?
MacGDBp / 1.3.0
Status ?
Closed
Severity ?
Critical
Duplicate Of ?
- none -
Fixed in Revision ?
Mstone ?
Summary ?
Several problems with v 1.3.0
Report Time ?
May 19, 2009 04:27 PM
Assignment ?
Resolution ?
Fixed
Priority ?
High
Dependencies ?
- none -
Mstone (old) ?


Attachments
GDBp @ (DISCONNECTED)_9000_sven-2.png Variable list
GDBp @ (DISCONNECTED)_9000_sven-1-1.png Code pane
GDBp @ (DISCONNECTED)_9000_sven-2-1.png Variable list empty
MacGDBp-25.zip Network layer changes revert
MacGDBp-1.4.0.32.zip New build
GDBp @ (DISCONNECTED)-9000-sven.png No source code display
Votes
For: 1 (100%)
Against: 0 (0%)
Total: 1

May 19, 2009 04:27 PM Sven Axelsson
I've been having a lot of problems with previous versions of MacGDBp so I don't use it too often. I just tried again and updated to version 1.3.0. Immediately on start I see some text corruption in the variable list and in the code pane.
http://skitch.com/sven/bxhcy/gdbp-disconnected-9000-sven and http://skitch.com/sven/bxhm6/gdbp-disconnected-9000-sven-1

After stepping over the include here http://skitch.com/sven/bxhm6/gdbp-disconnected-9000-sven-2, the variable list goes empty. And stepping some more crashes the program.

May 19, 2009 04:31 PM Sven Axelsson
Text corruption in the type field

May 19, 2009 04:33 PM Sven Axelsson
Text corruption in the code pane

May 19, 2009 04:34 PM Sven Axelsson
The variable list looses all content

May 19, 2009 04:35 PM Sven Axelsson
Added the images as attachments. Forget the links in the original comment.

May 20, 2009 04:52 AM Robert
I noticed this, too. I think it has to do with the UTF8 string encoding going over the network. I don't have time to really investigate this today, but I've uploaded a build that reverts the changes I made to the network layer. Can you test this and see how this does?

May 20, 2009 09:04 AM Sven Axelsson
That version seems to work much better, thanks!

If we only could get watch expressions, interactive variable inspection in the code pane and serch/filter for the variable list ... Well, I'd definitely pay for getting those features.

July 30, 2009 12:57 PM Robert
Can you please test build 32 and let me know how it works for you?

July 30, 2009 01:21 PM Sven Axelsson
It doesn't seem to work at all. I never get any source code display, and only some of the variables are shown. Stepping throught the code does work but is pretty useless without display.

July 30, 2009 01:22 PM Sven Axelsson
No source code display

August 12, 2009 09:31 AM BartVB
Same problem here. Garbled text in the code pane with the current 1.3 release. Build 25 seems to work, 32 doesn't. Same symptoms as Sven, there is a connection, stepping seems to work but no code is displayed.

Using PHP Version 5.2.6-1+lenny3 on Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) with Xdebug v2.0.4

August 19, 2009 09:14 AM k7n4n5t3w4rt
same for me. stepping works, at least some variables in the top left panel have their values updated, but no code is displayed

Version: 1.3 (24)
PHP Version: 5.3.0
Apache/2.2.11

August 19, 2009 09:18 AM k7n4n5t3w4rt
... php5-xdebug @2.0.5_0

December 19, 2010 02:27 PM Robert
If people on this bug could please try the MacGDBp 1.4 beta to see if this issue has been resolved, that'd be great.

https://www.bluestatic.org/software/macgdbp/beta.php

December 19, 2010 05:52 PM Sven Axelsson
I compiled from source myself a while ago, so I'm already using 1.4b. Everything seems to be working fine now.

I did however get some trash after the code in the code pane at the initial load, but that disappeared after I stepped the first time.

December 19, 2010 06:23 PM Robert
Glad to hear it. The garbage data at the end of strings should be fixed now that I've switched out base64 decoders. I made a number of changes in the past few days so I'd recommend either pulling and rebuilding or downloading the pre-built version and testing with that. 1.4.0.61 is tagged as 1.4-beta-1 in the git repo.

January 6, 2011 01:57 AM Robert
I'm calling this fixed. If you run into any new issues, please open a new bug.